ABOUT THIS SHOW
A coyote howling. A home in disarray. A young woman alone. In Matthew Paul Olmos’ world premiere, Soledad Vargas is in the city, fighting for her family’s right to live on their land. When hope starts to dwindle, how far will she go, and what will she be forced to leave behind? A modern myth drawn from the real life struggles of displaced communities around the globe, a home what howls is a lyrically-rendered quest of youth activism standing against forces of injustice.
a home what howls will be performed in Steppenwolf's Ensemble Theater.
Due to the high volume and wide breadth of work we present, we are often not able to proactively offer content advisories for individual performances. However, if you have specific concerns about stage effects (such as strobe lights or fog/haze) that might have a bearing on comfort or well-being, or if you would like to know more about the age appropriateness of the performance, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
- Playwright Matthew Paul Olmos
- Director Laura Alcalá Baker
- Scenic Design Lauren Nichols
- Costume Design Uriel Gómez
- Lighting Design Lindsey Lyddan
- Sound Design Peter Clare
- Fight Choreographer & Intimacy Consultant Maya Vince Prentiss
- Vocal Coach Kate DeVore
- Music Consultant Mike Przygoda
- Creative Producer Patrick Zakem
- Production Manager Elise Hausken
- Casting Director JC Clementz
- Production Stage Manager Michelle Medvin
- Assistant Stage Manager Kathleen Barrett
Welcome to our Ensemble
Steppenwolf prides itself on being one of the premiere ensemble theaters in America. Being in an ensemble means being open to perspectives that differ from our own, being willing to allow multiple truths to exist and, perhaps most importantly, being open to change.