Theater is For Everyone
Services for people with mobility disabilities
- Wheelchair accessible seats in our Downstairs, Upstairs and Garage Theatres
- A courtesy wheelchair, available on a first-come/first-serve basis through our Front of House office (312) 932-2445
- Accessible parking spaces in the parking lot next door to the theatre (accessible by a ramp with a non-slip surface)
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms in all of our lobbies
- In our Downstairs Theatre, wheelchair accessible seats and seats without stairs are available in the back rows of both the Main and Balcony levels
- In our Upstairs and Garage Theatres, wheelchair accessible seats and seats without stairs are available in the first row
Services for people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Induction loop on both the main and balcony levels of the Downstairs Theatre
- Complimentary assistive hearing devices in our Downstairs and Upstairs Theatres.
- Open-captioned performances of our subscription and Steppenwolf for Young Adults plays
- American Sign Language-interpreted performances of our subscription and Steppenwolf for Young Adults plays
- ASL students from local universities who volunteer as usher for ASL-interpreted performances
Assistive hearing devices for the Downstairs Theatre are available at the book shop and information desk, located across from the box office in the main floor lobby
Induction Loop in the Downstairs Theatre
In May of 2015, and with the help and expertise of Assistive Hearing Systems Ltd., we completed installation of an induction loop on both the main and balcony levels of our Downstairs Theatre. If you use a hearing aid or cochlear implant that has a T-Coil, feel free to turn it on for any performance!
If you use the loop, we would love to hear about your experience—we’re always fine-tuning the system, and all feedback is helpful. Please ask any member of our customer service staff for a survey to complete, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistive Listening Devices
Separate from our induction loop, our assistive listening system – available in both our Downstairs and Upstairs Theatres -- features FM headsets and over-the-head headphones.
In the Downstairs Theatre, headsets are available for complimentary loan at the book shop and information desk, located across from the box office in the main floor lobby.
In the Upstairs Theatre, headsets are available for complimentary loan at the main floor book shop, as well as at the Upstairs Theatre box office on the third floor.
A service for people who have any level of hearing loss (but don’t necessarily use sign language), open captioning features a text display of the words and sounds heard during a play. It’s especially popular with adults who are experiencing age-related hearing loss.
In the both Downstairs and Upstairs Theatres, captioning features two LED displays -- one positioned on either side of the stage for optimal viewing. Controlled by a captioner watching the play from the back of the theatre, the presentation of the text is synced live with the action onstage.
Open captioning performances in the 2017/18 season:
The Doppelgänger - Sunday, April 29 at 7:30pm and Saturday, May 19 at 3pm
Guards at the Taj - Saturday, June 23 at 3pm
The Roommate - Saturday, August 4 at 3pm
Open captioning performances in the 2018/19 season:
Downstate: Thursday, October 11 at 7:30pm and Saturday, October 20 at 3pm
Familiar: Thursday, December 13 at 7:30 and Saturday, December 29 at 3pm
La Ruta: Thursday, January 10 at 7:30pm and Saturday, January 26 at 3pm
A Doll’s House, Part 2: Thursday, February 21 at 7:30pm and Saturday, March 16 at 3pm
The Children: Thursday, May 9 at 7:30pm and Saturday, June 6 at 3pm
WIG OUT!: Thursday, June 13 at 7:30pm and Saturday, June 29 at 3pm
True West: Thursday, August 1 at 7:30pm and Saturday, August 17 at 3pm
American Sign Language Interpretation
For people who prefer to communicate with American Sign Language, we offer American Sign Language interpretation presented by theatrically trained interpreters. Leading up to an interpreted performance, interpreters see the play multiple times, practice with audio recordings and receive coaching from a native signer to insure that they’re delivering the highest level of interpretation for our audience.
ASL performances in the 2018/19 season:
Downstate: Sunday, October 14 at 7:30pm
Familiar: Sunday, December 9 at 7:30pm
La Ruta: Sunday, January 6 at 7:30pm
A Doll’s House, Part 2: Sunday, February 24 at 7:30pm
The Children: Sunday, May 12 at 7:30pm
WIG OUT!: Sunday, June 9 at 7:30pm
True West: Sunday, July 28 at 7:30pm
Services for people who are blind or have low-vision
- Audio-described performances of our subscription and Steppenwolf for Young Adults plays
- Touch tours and artistic conversations before selected audio-described performances of our subscription and Steppenwolf for Young Adults plays
- Playbills in Braille, large print and audio formats
- Dedicated curb-to-seat assistance on request
- A relief area for service animals in front of the theater
Audio-Described Performances and Pre-Performance Touch Tours
Audio-described performances and pre-performance touch tours and artistic conversations are presented on the dates below. For these specific performances, the touch tour begins at 1:30pm, and the curtain is at 3pm. To find out when a particular show will be offering an Audio-Described performance or pre-performance Touch Tour, please check the respective shows production page in the Tickets & Events section.
Audio-described performances and pre-performance touch tours in the 2018/19 season:
Downstate - Sunday, October 28 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
Familiar - Sunday, December 23 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
La Ruta - Sunday, January 13 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
A Doll's House, Part 2 - Sunday, March 10 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
The Children - Sunday, May 26 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
WIG OUT! - Sunday, June 23 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
True West - Sunday, August 11 (1:30pm Touch Tour, 3:00pm Curtain)
Buying Tickets and Requesting Services
When purchasing tickets for an accessible performance, please indicate that you are interested in the service that's being offered -- that will allow us to give you the best possible seats and assistance.
In person: 1650 N Halsted
Phone: (312) 335-1650
TTY: (312) 335-3830
Box Office Hours
Open 7 days a week except for certain major holidays
11am to 5pm Mon - Sat & 1pm to 5pm Sun