Don't F*ck it up.
ABOUT THIS SHOW
A pre-teen dance troupe navigates ambition, friendship and desire as they claw their way to Nationals in Tampa Bay. Featuring a multigenerational cast of women playing our pre-teen heroines, this Chicago premiere is fiercely funny, theatrically inventive and full of heart.
Help us spread the word about Dance Nation! Use #danceSTC on social media to join the conversation.
Steppenwolf does not proactively offer advisories about the content of shows, as sensitivities vary from person to person. Click below to learn more about the content of the show.
If you have further questions, contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Get $10 off tickets
DON'T F*CK IT UP.
BRING YOUR GROUP.
For a limited time, groups of just 6+ can get a discount on tickets to all performances of Dance Nation. Enter code GROUP6, get $10 off each ticket—there's no such thing as a small group!
Cast & Artists
- Author Clare Barron
- Director and Choreographer Lee Sunday Evans
- Assistant Director Sammy Zeisel
- Scenic Design Arnulfo Maldonado
- Costume Design Christine Pascual
- Lighting Designer Heather Gilbert
- Assistant Lighting Designer Conchita Avitia
- Company Voice & Text Coach Gigi Buffington
- Stage Manager Mary Hungerford
- Assistant Stage Manager Kathleen Barrett
- Assistant Stage Manager Jacqueline Saldana
- Casting Director JC Clementz
Awards & Accolades
WINNER Susan Smith Blackburn Prize, 2017
FINALIST Pulitzer Prize for Drama, 2019
WINNER Drama Desk Ensemble Award, 2019
Obie Awards Special Citation, 2019
"I have seen the future, and it is DANCE NATION." – Peter Marks, The Washington Post
“Critic's pick! Insanely talented playwright Clare Barron… conjures the passionate ambivalence of early adolescence with such being-there sharpness and poignancy. A blazingly original play [...] marvel at how close what you see cuts to the bone.” – The New York Times