About This Show
Brilliant composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky springs to life through the hands and insight of piano virtuoso Hershey Felder, whose timebending tale of culture and repression explores the mystery surrounding some of the greatest music ever written. From the unforgettable ballets Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, and The Nutcracker, to the outrageous 1812 Overture and the brilliant symphonic works, this powerful musical tribute travels to Czarist times to ponder the inevitable enigma of genius. From the creator and performer of Hershey Felder as Irving Berlin and Beethoven As I Knew Him, George Gershwin Alone, Maestro: The Art of Leonard Bernstein and Monsieur Chopin.
PRODUCED BY SAMANTHA F. VOXAKIS, KAREN RACANELLI AND ERIK CARSTENSEN
Cast & Artists
- Director Trevor Hay
- Scenic Design Hershey Felder
- Lighting and Projection Design Christopher Ash
- Costume Design Abigail Caywood
- Sound Design/Production Management Erik Carstensen
- Historical and Biographical Research Meghan Maiya
- Assistant Lighting and Video Design Erik Barry
- National Publicity/Media Relations Sam Rudy
- Consulting Producer Joel Zwick
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects (such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.