SynopsisMichael John LaChiusa’s three-part musical explores lust, greed, murder and redemption through the stories of a 1950s murder noir, a priest’s crisis of faith, and the final tryst of two lovers. A lush musical score combining jazz, pop, classical and Asian influences drives the story telling in this virtuosic piece named by New York magazine as one of the Best Musicals of 2005. "Seductively stylish, sharp thinking person's musical...as smart and entertaining as it is artistic and serious."
–Chicago Theater Beat "Passionately driven...a play of and about human crises, primal and existential."
Bailiwick Chicago is a non-profit professional company with a mission to produce contemporary musicals and plays, reinvent classic musicals, and develop new work, while sharing a powerful and authentic theatrical experience. We celebrate and engage our community through diverse programming, artistic partnerships and outreach opportunities. In just 2 seasons, Bailiwick Chicago has garnered 28 award nominations and received critical acclaim for its innovative Chicago productions. We invite you to join us in our tradition of producing quality productions and, with your help, take it all to the next level. Visit Bailiwick Chicago's website.
Sunday, April 7
Touch Tour: 2pm
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Scenic Design: Lizzie Bracken
- Directed by: Lili-Anne Brown
- Assistant Director: Michael Driscoll
- Costume Design: Samantha C. Jones
- Lighting Design: Lee Keenan
- Author: Michael John LaChiusa
- Stage Manager: Heather Stuck
- Music Direction by: James Morehead
- Sound Design: Cody Reynolds
- Assistant Lighting Designer: Emma Deane
- Technical Director: Christopher Kristant
- Production Manager: Geoff Bleeker
- Understudies: Jenny Lamb, Eric Martin
A welcome letter to SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE
Joshua Goode explores Chicago's dynamic storefront theater scene.
Associate Producer, Jacob Padrón, on what to expect at Garage Rep 2013