SynopsisA world premiere that resurrects what was once the most famous and fanciful criminal investigation the world has ever known: the calamitously comedic tale of Dr. H. H. Crippen, England's most notoriously inept cellar murderer. Chased across the sea by destiny and Marconi's wireless telegraph, this factual turn of the century tragedy explores three versions of the life and death of this homicidal homeopath. Three Crippens! Three tales! Three truths? Check out a video trailer for the show! The Strange Tree Group's The Three Faces of Doctor Crippen is a part of the Garage Rep 2011, which also includes Sideshow Theatre Company's Heddatron and UrbanTheater Company's Sonnets for an Old Century.
The Strange Tree Group is a collective of multifaceted individuals dedicated to creating intricate, intimate theatrical experiences that extend beyond the boundaries of a traditional stage. We produce works that inspire creativity not only in our actors but also in our audience. We Trees embrace the theatrically inherent in live performance and are committed to producing pieces that celebrate the strange and the magical; the dangerous and the fantastical; and the surprisingly usual nature of unusual behavior. The world is full of adventure... let us embark on this one together! For more information, visit www.strangetree.org.
Running Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Directed by: Jimmy McDermott
- Author: Emily Schwartz
- Stage Manager: Kathy Mountz
- Production Manager: Rebecca Phend
- Lighting Design: Jordan Kardasz
- Set Design: Kate Nawrocki
- Technical Direction: Joe Schermoly
- Costume Design: Delia Baseman
- Music Composition: Elizabeth Bagby
- Sound Design: Michael Huey
- Props: Jessica Rosenlieb
- Photography and Web Design: Tyler Core
- Graphic Design: Phineas X. Jones
- Scenic Painting: Elizabeth Bagby, Liesl Downey, Noah Ginex, Phineas X. Jones, Marty Scanlon, & Kirsten Strauss.
The Cure for the Common poster
Graphic Design for The Three Faces of Doctor Crippen