SynopsisThe Brothers Size When Oshooshie Size is released from jail he goes to work in his brother’s car repair shop. When his best friend from prison also shows up, a tense tug of war results. The Brothers Size is a fierce and honest look at the complex bonds of brotherhood. Marcus; Or the Secret of Sweet Marcus is sixteen. He is also coming to terms with his sexuality while uncovering the mysterious secrets of his family’s past. An entrancing coming-of-age story, Marcus is about the difficult quest for identity in an out spoken and strong-willed community.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Directed by: ensemble member Tina Landau
- Author:ensemble member Tarell Alvin McCraney
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Assistant Stage Manager: Rose Marie Packer
- Scenic Design: James Schuette
- Costume Design: James Schuette
- Stage Manager: Deb Styer
- Lighting Design: Scott Zielinski
- Musical Supervisor: Zane Mark
"Watching them, you experience the excited wonder that comes from witnessing something rare in the theater: a new, authentically original vision." - New York Times
Ensemble members Alana Arenas, K. Todd Freeman and Ora Jones reflect on The Brother/Sister Plays with Director of Artistic Development Polly Carl.
Director Tina Landau and Playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney discuss The Brother/Sister Plays with Steppenwolf Artistic Director Martha Lavey.
Letter from Director Tina Landau