SynopsisFast, spirited Oya is a promising young athlete who is offered a scholarship that could jump-start her future. Forced to choose between her dying mother and her own dreams, she makes a life-changing decision. Oya’s subsequent path to womanhood leads her to a crossroads where she finds herself torn between settling down... and just settling.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Author:ensemble member Tarell Alvin McCraney
- Directed by: ensemble member Tina Landau
- Costume Design: James Schuette
- Scenic Design: James Schuette
- Lighting Design: Scott Zielinski
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Stage Manager: Deb Styer
- Assistant Stage Manager: Rose Marie Packer
- Musical Supervisor: Zane Mark
"This is a universal story of triumph, defeat, loss, love, abandonment, compromise, jealousy, infidelity, betrayal... " - New York Times
Ensemble members Alana Arenas, K. Todd Freeman and Ora Jones reflect on The Brother/Sister Plays with Director of Artistic Development Polly Carl.
Director Tina Landau and Playwright Tarell Alvin McCraney discuss The Brother/Sister Plays with Steppenwolf Artistic Director Martha Lavey.
Letter from Director Tina Landau