SynopsisMusic by Andre Pluess and Ben Sussman A re-imagining of Edgar Allan Poe's classic tale "The Fall of the House of Usher" with live music. WORLD PREMIERE Experience the gothic tragedy of the Usher family, as retold by the heretofore silent character Madeline. Enter the House of Usher through the cellar door to find out exactly what happened between Madeline and her twin brother Roderick that led her to be sealed up in the tomb...alive.
Cast & Artists
- Lighting Design: J.R. Lederle
- Scenic Design: Stephanie Nelson
- Sound Design: Andre Pluess
- Costume Design: Tatjana Radisic
- Stage Manager: Deb Styer
- Sound Design: Ben Sussman
- Directed by: Jessica Thebus
- Adaptation: Mickle Maher
- Casting Director: Erica Daniels
- Assistant Director: Adam Silver
- Assistant Sound Designer: Rick Sims
- Movement: Ann Boyd
- Commedia Consultant: Larry Grimm
- Stage Management Apprentice: Katrina Herrmann
-Hedy Weiss, Chicago Sun-Times
On Steppenwolf for Young Adults
"These productions often are among the best work the company presents."
Steppenwolf associate artist Jessica Thebus, Mickle Maher and Andre Pluess discuss Lady Madeline, their musical re-imagining of Edgar Allen Poe’s The Fall of the House of Usher, a Steppenwolf for Young Adults production playing the weekends of February 11-26, 2006.