SynopsisOpened February 13, 2000 A man set out on an ordinary business trip to Valparaiso, Indiana. It turns out to be a mock-heroic journey toward identity and transcendence. In Don DeLillo's sharp, funny and deep-reaching play, Valparaiso characters tell one another things -- in public, before listening millions -- that they don't dare say in private. Frank Galati returns to the Steppenwolf stage to direct DeLillo's exploration of the way we live today.
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Cast & Artists
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Original Music: Michael Bodeen
- Stage Manager: Malcolm Ewen
- Directed by: ensemble member Frank Galati
- Lighting Design: James F. Ingalls
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Original Music: Rob Milburn
- Scenic Design: Dan Ostling
- Dramaturg: Michele Volansky
- Costume Design: Kaye Voyce
- projections: Wendall Harrington