SynopsisOpened April 16, 2000 Boisterous, ribald and ultimately shattering, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the unforgettable story of a mental hospital and its inhabitants. When a brash new inmate arrives, the rigid program of the ward, headed by the tyrannical Nurse Ratched, is thrown up for grabs. In a world where sanity means conformity and following the rules is the only way to survive, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a powerful exploration of both the beauty and the danger of being an original. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest traveled to Broadway and London in 2000. Find out more about our productions that have traveled beyond Chicago.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Costume Design: Laura Bauer
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Original Music: Michael Bodeen
- Scenic Design: Robert Brill
- Directed by: ensemble member Terry Kinney
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Original Music: Rob Milburn
- Lighting Design: Kevin Rigdon
- Stage Manager: Robert H. Satterlee
- Dramaturg: Michele Volansky
Featured Ensemble Members
No one in the early days of the company could have foreseen that Steppenwolf would become a recognizable name not just in Chicago and around the United States, but internationally, as well.