SynopsisOpened December 7, 1997 Space is the story of a pilgrimage into the mystery of the night sky. A brilliant and successful psychiatrist is suddenly inundated with patients who have certain recurring symptoms: a shooting pain in the base of the neck, a horseshoe-shaped scar on their hands, a dream of white light - and the claim they have been abducted by aliens. As he investigates possible explanations for their experiences - real or imagined - he meets a female astronomer who takes him on a remarkable journey to the very limits of time, space and understanding. "Space" tells of a man and woman's courageous struggle to challenge prevailing systems of thought and to discover for themselves a sense of wonder and faith.
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Cast & Artists
- Costume Design: Mara Blumenfeld
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Original Music: Michael Bodeen
- Stage Manager: John Flak
- Stage Manager: Laura Koch
- Directed by: ensemble member Tina Landau
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Original Music: Rob Milburn
- Scenic Design: James Schuette
- Dramaturg: Michele Volansky
- Lighting Design: Scott Zielinski
- projection design: John Boesche