John, a man whose life was nearly destroyed by drinking, now holds down a steady job at a Dublin undertaker’s office. When his estranged daughter appears on Christmas Eve with disturbing news, it sets off a series of painful confessions that ultimately offer John a chance to escape the burdens of his past.
Ensemble member Amy Morton directed Conor McPherson’s The Weir at Steppenwolf and returns after appearing in the Broadway production of August: Osage County. Ensemble member William Petersen was a co-founder of the Remains Theater Ensemble in Chicago and is well known for playing Gil Grissom on CSI.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Author: Conor McPherson
- Directed by: ensemble member Amy Morton
- Scenic Design: Kevin Depinet
- Costume Design: Ana Kuzmanic
- Lighting Design: Robert Christen
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Stage Manager: Michelle Medvin
- Dialect Coach: Cecilie O'Reilly
Featured Ensemble Members
Artistic Director Martha Lavey Interviews William Petersen
Joy Meads captures the hopeful spirit of The Seafarer
Artistic Director Martha Lavey explores Dublin Carol's central question of human intimacy.