SynopsisThree years after Josie’s mother died, no one expects her to telephone from a bus station in North Dakota. This smart and slyly comic study of love and letting go, adapted by Laura Eason from short stories by award-winning author Elizabeth Crane, is an insightful look at the disparity between what you expect and what is delivered. When the Messenger Is Hot is part of the 3rd Annual First Look Repertory of New Work which also includes Gary and Tranquillity Woods.
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Assistant Director: Jennifer Avery
- Costume Design: Debbie Baer
- Dramaturg: Heidi Coleman
- Stage Manager: Lauren V. Hickman
- Lighting Design: J.R. Lederle
- Sound Design: Gregor Mortis
- Scenic Design: Marcus Stephens
- Directed by: Jessica Thebus
- Assistant Director: Kate Walsh
Featured Ensemble Members
STC [heart] NYC
As was the case last year, two Steppenwolf productions will be showcased in New York City this year.