SynopsisNick's waterfront saloon in San Francisco is a haven for lost souls in the waning days of the Great Depression. Shepherding this group of outcasts is Joe, a kindly and enigmatic patron who encourages them to seek goodness and dignity--to live in the time of their lives. This Pulitzer Prize-winning ensemble play, alive with music, is a sweet and funny portrait of eccentric lives and the compassion that binds them.
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Dramaturg: Heidi Coleman
- Directed by: ensemble member Tina Landau
- Scenic Design: GW Mercier
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Stage Manager: Robert H. Satterlee
- Costume Design: James Schuette
- Stage Manager: Alden Vasquez
- Lighting Design: Scott Zielinski