SynopsisThe malignantly treacherous Uriah Heep, the jovial nurse Peggoty, the foolishly innocent Dora, the improvident Mr. Micawber, and the egoistic and charming Steerforth come to life in this new adaptation of this Dickens classic. The story of the abandoned waif who develops a "disciplined heart" through challenging encounters with distress and misfortune, David Copperfield is a shining example of Dickens's skill as a storyteller. As plots and counterplots effortlessly interweave into one intricate, grand design, he captures the brightness, magic, and terror of the world as seen through the eyes of a child.
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Cast & Artists
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Original Music: Joe Cerqua
- Dramaturg: Julie Felise Dubiner
- Scenic Design: Kate Edmunds
- Directed by: Giles Havergal
- Costume Design: Virgil C. Johnson
- Lighting Design: Pete Maradudin
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Stage Manager: Robert H. Satterlee