SynopsisSomewhere in modern America stands an abandoned factory, a distant reminder of a once-booming industry. From this disintegration emerges a small civilization of society's outcasts, struggling to retain their home and dignity. As they rhapsodize over Gershwin, discover love and argue over racial politics, their tiny world slowly reveals itself as a mirror of our own. Inspired by Maxin Gorky's The Lower Depths, Charles Mee's Time to Burn blends theatricality and music to create a lyrical love song for a broken world.
Steppenwolf does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person.If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects(such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact the box office at 312-335-1650.
Watch & Listen
Cast & Artists
- Costume Design: Mara Blumenfeld
- Sound Design: Michael Bodeen
- Original Music: Michael Bodeen
- Stage Manager: Laura Koch
- Directed by: ensemble member Tina Landau
- Sound Design: Rob Milburn
- Original Music: Rob Milburn
- Scenic Design: James Schuette
- Lighting Design: Scott Zielinski