Spend the summer learning from the best
The Internship Program is for current students or early-career professionals looking for an introduction to arts administration or production. This program provides direct interaction with and access to Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
Internships are available in the following departments:
- LookOut Producing
- Production Management
- Scenic Art
- Scenic Carpentry
- School at Steppenwolf
- Theatre Management
Please read this information carefully:
- The 2018 Internships will run from May 29 - August 24, 2018. In special circumstances, these dates can be flexible depending on the needs of the candidate and hiring department.
- All internship applications require a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation. Please see the individual internship pages for more detailed and/or additional application requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Currently be a student or have equivalent professional experience
- Be able to commit to a three-month program
- Reside in, or be able to relocate to, Chicago over the summer
- Have a strong desire to work in one or two of the departments offered for the internship and express this interest in the application
- Carefully read through the instructions and submit a thoughtfully completed application
Pay: Summer interns are unpaid positions; interns can either volunteer or apply for academic credit (and we are happy to accommodate academic credit requirements).
Perks: Professional Development and networking opportunities, free tickets to Steppenwolf productions, and more
Apply for the 2018 Summer Internship
Applications for the Development/Fundraising, LookOut Producing, Properties, and Scenic Carpentry internships are due Sunday, February 11, 2018. All other internship applications are now closed.
Internship applicants may apply for up to two departments. Candidates applying to two departments must fill out a separate application for each.
Note: Please have all documents ready before starting the application. You will not be able to save and return to your application once you begin. For more information on the specific application requirements for your internship of choice, please visit that departments page listed above."