School at Steppenwolf interns will assist in the day-to-day operations of The School at Steppenwolf, a ten-week summer residency for experienced actors that runs Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 6:30pm, from June 4th to August 10th. Duties include daily set-up of classrooms, preparing School materials and documents for students, communicating School business to instructors and students, copying books, play scripts and scenes for students and instructors, attending weekly Ensemble and Teacher meetings and possibly assisting in any on-site rehearsing. Candidates should work well with people, having communication and organizational skills, and a dual interest in acting and administration.
Dates & Hours
June 3, 2019 – August 30, 2019, unpaid
Position is Supervised By
Who Should Apply For This Position
Candidates should work well with people and have excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a dedication to learning more about the ensemble traditions, values and methods that make Steppenwolf unique. Experience with teaching environments and some basic stage management is a plus, as well as a strong grasp on Microsoft office. In addition, there is a physical component to this job, so the ability to lift up to 50 lbs is helpful. This position requires occasional evening commitments in the final week of the program.
Alumni For This Position Include
- Chelsea Smith, Campaign Coordinator, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Chicago, IL
- Rania Salem Manganaro, Actor - appeared in The Inconvenience’s Hit the Wall, as part of Steppenwolf’s Garage Rep Series as well as at Barrow Street Theatre in New York.
- Ethan Dubin, Actor – Netflix’s Orange is the New Black and Rancho Viejo at Playwrights Horizons in New York
- Cover Letter Addressing the Following:
- Why you want to work in this department at Steppenwolf
- What skills and experiences you bring to this department
- What you hope to learn from this internship or apprenticeship
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
The cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation should be submitted as one PDF titled "lastname_firstname.pdf" (i.e. letts_tracy.pdf).