Publicity apprentices/interns work directly with the Senior Communications Director and PR Associate to generate local and national publicity for Steppenwolf productions and projects. Apprentices/Interns assist with the preparation and execution of press performances, photo and video shoots, collect and maintain archival materials, compile daily media alerts, and write press materials including press releases. Apprentices/Interns will also work with the Social Media Coordinator to generate content and manage social media streams. Candidates should have an interest in public relations and possess excellent writing, interpersonal and administrative skills.
Dates & Hours
Position is Supervised By
Public Relations Associate
Who Should Apply For This Position
Applicants interested in learning about the day-to-day functions of a theatrical publicist should apply. This position is well-suited for candidates with a vested interest in the world of marketing and publicity in the non-profit arts sector.
Alumni For This Position Include
- Maya Fazio-Siu, Marketing Assistant, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Chicago, IL
- Elizabeth Neukirch, Vice President, The Silverman Group, Inc, Chicago, IL
- Kelsey Munson Moorhouse, Cathy Taylor Public Relations, Chicago, IL
- Cover Letter Addressing the Following:
- Why you want to work in this department at Steppenwolf
- What skills and experiences you bring to this department
- What you hope to learn from this internship or apprenticeship
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
The cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation should be submitted as one PDF titled "lastname_firstname.pdf" (i.e. letts_tracy.pdf).