Electrics apprentices/interns work with the Electrics Department to execute designs in all of the Steppenwolf venues, maintain equipment, and preserve the organization of the workspaces. Work hours will be determined by the needs of productions and the Master Electrician.
Dates & Hours
Position is Supervised By
Who Should Apply For This Position
Applicants interested in learning about the day-to-day functions of a professional theatre electrics department should apply. This position is specifically catered to those interested in the technical aspects of the trade. Design opportunities are not available as a part of this apprenticeship.
Alumni For This Position Include
- Adam Friedland, Production Manager, Writer's Theatre, Glencoe, IL
- Katy Peterson, Core Electrics Crew Harpo Studios, Chicago, IL
- Charlie Cooper, Freelance Lighting Designer, Chicago, IL
- Megan Snowder, Master Electrician, Northlight Theatre, Chicago, IL
- Cover Letter Addressing the Following:
- Why you want to work in this department at Steppenwolf
- What skills and experiences you bring to this department
- What you hope to learn from this internship or apprenticeship
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
The cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation should be submitted as one PDF titled "lastname_firstname.pdf" (i.e. letts_tracy.pdf).