Spend the summer learning from the best
The Internship Program is for current students or early-career professionals looking for an introduction to arts administration and production. This program provides direct interaction with and access to Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
Internships are available in the following departments: Artistic, Casting, Development/Fundraising, Education/Steppenwolf for Young Adults, Literary, Marketing, Publicity, Production Management, Theater Management, Lighting, Scenic Carpentry, School at Steppenwolf, Sound.
Please read this information carefully:
- The 2013 Internship will run from June 3 to August 24, 2013. In special circumstances, these dates can be slightly flexible depending on the needs of the candidate and hiring department.
- All applications will go through a preliminary screening process to determine the final candidates. Final candidates will be asked to interview in March. It is strongly encouraged that candidates who do not live locally visit both Chicago and Steppenwolf when interviewing. Phone interviews are available.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Currently be a student or have equivalent professional experience
- Be able to commit to a three-month program
- Reside in, or be able to relocate to, Chicago over the summer
- Have a strong desire to work in one or two of the departments offered for the internship and express this interest in the application
- Carefully read through the instructions and submit a thoughtfully completed application
Pay: Summer interns are unpaid positions; interns can either volunteer or apply for academic credit (and we are happy to accommodate academic credit requirements).
Perks: Professional Development and networking opportunities, discounts and free tickets to area theaters, and a whole lot more!
American Express is the sponsor of the Professional Leadership Program & Multicultural Fellowship
Major corporate supporter of Steppenwolf’s career readiness and professional leadership program